MC101 Professional Editing with Avid Media Composer
Duration: 5-7 daysOverview
This course provides students with exposure to the core skills, workflows, and concepts involved in professional nonlinear editing on Avid Media Composer systems.
Come and learn about the new and exciting functionality that has been added to the latest versions of Media Composer. The course will cover the new timeline direct manipulation tools, AMA enhancements, mixing frame sizes and aspect ratios, transcoding mixed rate material, and the new user interface updates.
This class covers editing and effects techniques for both Macintosh and Windows systems. Session time is divided between demonstration and hands-on practice, with dedicated lab time for experimentation with sample material. This course is also appropriate for Avid Symphony users.Audience
This course targets:
- Assistant editors
- Multimedia producers
- No familiarity with the system is necessary.
- Completion of a Macintosh or Windows introductory course or equivalent experience is required.
- A background in editing, production, or post-production is strongly recommended.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Capture media and prepare for editing
- Organize source material in bins
- Use basic editing techniques for sync and non-sync material
- Trim and fine-tune video and audio
- Customize the system
- Work in the Timeline
- Enhance audio
- Create horizontal effects
- Create multilayered and nested effects
- Use basic 3D warp effects
- Use keyframes
- Understand effects performance and rendering
- Autostabilize images
- Use automatic color correction
- Work with file based media
- Create titles with Avid Marquee
- Create motion effects
- Manage projects and media
- Output work