FCP200 Comprehensive study of Final Cut Pro X
Duration: 7-10 daysOverview
This intensive hands-on course teaches students to perform basic editing functions while becoming familiar with the Final Cut Pro user interface. This course is based on the FCP 101: An Introduction to Final Cut Pro course. However, the lessons are covered in five days, instead of three, allowing for more comprehensive coverage of the lessons.
In this course, you will cut a scene from the TNT television series Leverage, create a promo for Seaworld's Believe documentary, as well as master filters and effects as you edit a segment of Playing for Change, the international music-creation event.
Start with basic video editing techniques and work all the way through Final Cut Pro's powerful advanced features. Learn to mark and edit clips, mix sound, add titles, create transitions, apply filters, and more. Topics include basic setup, customizing preferences and settings, capturing video and audio, various editing and trimming techniques, Ripple, Roll, Slip, and Slide tools, audio editing and audio creation, finishing and final output.Audience
This class is designed for:
- Anyone looking to edit professional-quality video with Final Cut Pro and who prefers hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of Mac OS X and basic computer navigation
At the end of this course you will be familiar with:
- Marking clips, using insert, overwrite and drag-and-drop editing
- Trimming edit points
- Using Ripple, Roll, and Extend edits as well as the Slip and Slide tools
- Applying filters and changing motion properties
- Audio editing and audio creation
- Finishing and final output