FCP101 Final Cut Pro X Fundamentals
Duration: 5-7 daysOverview
This hands-on course teaches students to perform basic editing functions while becoming familiar with the Final Cut Pro user interface. In this course, you will cut a scene from the TNT television series Leverage, create a promo for Seaworld's Believe documentary, as well as master filters and effects as you edit a segment of Playing for Change, the international music-creation event.
Start with basic video editing techniques and work all the way through Final Cut Pro's powerful advanced features. Learn to mark and edit clips, mix sound, add titles, create transitions, apply filters, and more. Topics include basic setup, customizing preferences and settings, capturing video and audio, various editing and trimming techniques, Ripple, Roll, Slip, and Slide tools, audio editing and audio creation, finishing and final output.Audience
This course targets:
- Anyone looking to edit professional-quality video with Final Cut Pro and who prefers hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of Mac OS X and basic computer navigation
- Basic knowledge of editing terminology is recommended
At the end of this course, you will be familiar with:
- Marking clips, using insert, overwrite and drag-and-drop editing
- Trimming edit points
- Using Ripple, Roll, and Extend edits as well as the Slip and Slide tools
- Applying filters and changing Motion properties.
- Audio editing and audio creation
- Finishing and final output