FCP100 Final Cut Pro X Introduction
Duration: 2-3 daysOverview
This hands-on course introduces students to the primary feature set and basic interface of Final Cut Pro. In this course, you'll learn to perform basic editing functions while familiarizing yourself with the user interface. Topics include basic setup, adjusting and customizing preferences and settings, capturing video and audio, various editing and trimming techniques, Ripple, Roll, Slip and Slide tools, finishing and final output.
This course is based on the FCP 101 course, but it does not cover all lessons and exercises in the book. Students may complete the exercises that are not covered in class on their own. Students interested in certification may prefer to attend either an FCP 101, FCP 102 or FCP 200 course.Audience
This class is designed for:
- Anyone looking to edit professional-quality video with Final Cut Pro and who prefers hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of Mac OS X and basic computer navigation
- Basic knowledge of editing terminology is recommended
At the end of this course you will be familiar with:
- Marking clips
- Using insert and overwrite edits
- Drag-and-drop editing
- Trimming edit points
- Using Ripple, Roll, and Extend edits as well as the Slip and Slide tools
- Finishing and final output